Number of Pages: 2 (Double Spaced)
Writing Style: MLA
Number of sources: 3
This special writing assignment is in two parts. First, you will be selecting one art movement from a group of four. You will then write about why this movement was originally rejected by the public and was later accepted, its culture’s values, and its influence. Then you will analyze how your participation in this course impacted your growth in Saint Leo’s Core Values.
Activity: Part One
1. Submit at least 400 words for this section of the assignment.
Choose one of the following art movements:
• Pop Art
Include the following:
• the public’s reaction at the time of its introduction
• why it is now accepted as “art”
• its influence on the movements that followed it
• examples of art work and their historical/cultural valuespa 16 of 18
Activity: Part Two
2. Submit at least 100 words describing how you believe that participating in this course has helped you to develop in the areas of Saint Leo’s Core Values as listed below.
• Community – The University develops hospitable Christian learning communities everywhere we serve. We foster a spirit of belonging, unity and interdependence based on mutual trust and respect to create socially responsible environments that challenge all of us to listen, to learn, to change, and to serve.
• Respect – Animated in the spirit of Jesus Christ, we value all individuals’ unique talents, respect their dignity and strive to foster their commitment to excellence in our work. Our community’s strength depends on the unity and diversity of our people, on the free exchange of ideas and on learning, living, and working harmoniously.
• Personal Development – the University stresses the development of every person’s mind, spirit and body for a balanced life. All members of the Saint Leo University community must demonstrate their commitment to personal development to help strengthen the character of our community.
• Responsible Stewardship – Our Creator blesses us with an abundance of resources. We foster a spirit of service to employ our resources to university and community development. We must be resourceful. We must optimize and apply all of the resources of our community to fulfill Saint Leo University’s mission and goals.
• Integrity -The commitment of the University to excellence demands that its members live its mission and deliver on its promise. The faculty, staff, and students pledge to be honest, just, and consistent in word and deed.