For this assignment, you will be creating a draft for the Research Paper. Select one aspect of cultural diversity from the following list that you would like to study:
* (For improved memory and increased awareness, remember the mnemonic, GARREACS.)
- Sexual Orientation
Once you have chosen one aspect of cultural diversity to study in depth, prepare a Research Paper with the following components:
- Summarize the pertinent historical, political, social, economic and cultural factors related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- Consider and summarize any relevant developmental theory models related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- In regard to your chosen aspect of diversity, identify the relevant laws or programs that have either helped or restricted access to care and support.
- Evaluate how your chosen aspect of diversity, in combination with two other aspects of diversity, can lead to increased needs or issues. For example, if someone is female, African American, and lesbian, will there be additional challenges? Select any combination of three aspects of diversity to discuss.
- Describe at least two resources currently available in your area for someone needing special services related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- Explain how your personal characteristics will either complement or conflict with this diversity issue. Consider your own biases and prejudices or those of your family of origin.
- Discuss relevant concerns, cautions or insights necessary for you to be a culturally competent human service professional.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper should include a minimum of a title page, reference page, a cohesive introductory paragraph, and a representative part of the body of your paper (minimum of two- to- three pages) which may be unpolished and in need of reworking. For uncompleted parts of your paper, please report the direction that you are taking and any specific ideas that you may have regarding your final draft. You will be required to incorporate the feedback you receive on this draft into the final draft of your Research Paper.
Consider a time when you, someone you know, or someone with whom you have worked has felt discriminated against as a result of gender bias or sexual orientation. Were there other diverse issues present, such as religion or racial background that made the situation even more difficult, due to family traditions and culture or other related concerns? Describe a scenario, using appropriate citations, that demonstrates how a culturally sensitive human service worker would manage such a situation towards achieving a positive outcome in 250-300 words. Remember that discrimination and prejudice can have many looks and perspectives not just the obvious or publicized.
Watch the media segment on The Midriff and read the article about Melanie Benn, Social Worker Earns more than Medals at Athens Paralympics. In a 250-300 word post, consider the following questions:
- How does the focus on beauty and youth affect us as we age or if we are disabled?
- How does it affect our ability to work with someone who does not share our perspective or condition relative to these terms?
BOOK: Wonder by R.J. PALACIO
Â Â Â ALFRED A KNOPF NEW YORK
PART 1 ASSIGNMENT Â NA4
Once you have finished reading the novel, please do the following activity
for the novel using instructions from the textbook:
- Â· Create a pre-reading strategy that relates to this novel (activate prior
- Â· Create a during reading strategy that relates to this novel (what can
students do WHILE reading the novel) I am not a worksheet person.
They do not promote learning.
- Â· Create a story map that relates to this novel (post-reading). Please be
sure to include enough elements to prove reading comprehension of
the entire novel.
- Â· You can use ideas from the text OR find others. Be sure to ALWAYS
- Â· Be clear in your description of each stage of reading. These stages of
reading promote comprehension so they are important in the
Send all 3 (pre-reading, during reading, post-reading (story map) as one
attachment to the appropriate dropbox.
PART 2 ASSIGNMENT NR4
After reading this novel, do the following. These types of activities will be ones that are
appropriate for your classroom depending on your content area.
According to interactive theories of reading, readers who read the same book may come away
with different understandings due to prior experiences. In order to see how your classmates
understood the novel, you will post your thoughts, opinions, experiences with the novel. Be sure
to include specific examples, page numbers, etc. with your thoughts. These will be posted on the
discussion board with the title: PEAK. You must include specific information from the novel for
this activity. Providing examples, quotes, page numbers, and your reactions are considered
For this course, you will be developing a marketing plan for a new product (or service). Each week, you will develop a different part of the marketing plan. The marketing plan will become your final project.
Continue analyzing and developing a marketing plan for the same product that you selected in Module 1. For this moduleâ€™s assignment, discuss the following items in a two (2) page essay. Please ensure that you have at least 2 references to the textbook. You may also use other reference materials from LIRN (visit the Academic Resource Center for instructions on how to use LIRN).
Please ensure that your paper includes the following topics.
Â·Â Discuss the marketing channel you have selected for the product. Describe the marketing intermediaries and why those are the best ones for your product distribution.
Â·Â Discuss the supply chain management for your product. How does the implementation of supply chain management result in enhanced customer value?
Â·Â Describe the retail marketing strategy for the product (or service). Explain why you chose that strategy. Ensure that you discuss new developments in retailing.
NOTE: THIS IS A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF MY PRODUCT AND WHAT IT DOES THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR MY LAST TWO THIS ASSIGNMENT.
I have chosen to invent a product for which there seems to be a market, or at least, there is no similar existing product. It is an all-purpose outdoor cleaner and protector, but with an additional feature. It will have the ability to keep whatever it is used on dry outdoors. It not only repels water but when wiped, the surface is instantly dry to the touch. This is achieved by a special safe non-toxic chemical which is integrated into the formula. It acts like a cover that shields on whatever object it is used on from the rain.
The name of my product is called:Â â€˜No Worries’ All-Purpose Outdoor Cleaner and Protectorand is an original product
i will attach a template that explains what i need for the introduction and objectives.
and i will upload an initial introduction with main objectives that u can use it to take the main point. for the objectives.(and some ideas in the plan that will help to write the introduction).
Do not write the planDo not write the plan
use Harvard referencing and citation.
i need the introduction and the objectives to be about 2 pages.
In the modern world, few Americans grow up in the traditional nuclear family. The high divorce rate has led to an increase of blended families in which one or both partners have children from previous relationships that will need to blend into the new family setting.
In an essay (500-700 words), describe how this change in family structure has altered the culture and values in the United States. Include an explanation of how this change in family structure is evidenced in the socialization process.
Utilize the GCU Library to locate 3-6 peer-reviewed sources in support of your content.
How can lean tools and techniques best be applied to the optimisation of supply chain processes? Explain your answer with reference to the article. Credit will be given for examples from your own organisation or another you know well.
For this assignment, you will expand your rough draft into a five- to seven-page research paper (excluding the title and reference pages) that contains the following components:
- A discussion of how two cultures (other than your own) approach the topic, including specific ethnographic examples. Be sure to choose two specific and contemporary (currently existing) cultures. Terms such as European, Asian, or African refer to continents, not cultures, and are not appropriate for this paper.
- A compare and contrast analysis of the similarities and differences in how the two cultures approach the topic from a culturally relativistic perspective. In your analysis, address how the information on the cultures was gathered as well as how cultural relativism played a role for both the anthropologist in the field and for you in this discussion.
- A discussion of whether the differences are related to other cultural factors such as kinship, division of labor, gender roles, economic organization, and political organization as well as whether the differences can be seen as adaptations to the social or natural environment. You don’t have to cover every single one of these cultural factors, but you should include a discussion of the most salient ones related to your topic.
- A discussion on the cultural context of the topic and how it relates to symbolic systems such as religion, communication, or ritual.
- A discussion of how this particular cultural practice has changed over time and whether it has been modified, adopted, diminished, and/or spread through colonialism and/or globalization.
Take extra care as you are writing this paper to ensure that you have given proper consideration to all of the notes that were provided to you by your instructor. You will also want to allow plenty of time to proofread the Final Research Paper and double check for formatting and the use of proper citations. If you are concerned about plagiarism, please utilize the â€œPlagiarism Flow Chart.â€
The paper must be five to seven pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
.Â Hypothesize a situation in which a public administrator or employee should have the constitutional right to disobey a directive ordered by a superior.
2. Provide at (2) two reasons and examples to support your position.