why models are so commonly used in strategic management
1. General discussion:
This section should explain why models are so commonly used in strategic management and focus on answering two key questions:
1) How might models help senior managers deal with the challenges facing them?
2)Can the use of models actually improve decision-making?
This section should offer a brief description and explanation of a model of your choice.
(NB this section only attracts 10% of the overall mark and so should not be an exhaustive description)
This section must evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the model selected. This evaluation requires you to find and synthesise the views of a range of authors who
have offered critiques of this model.
movie Larry Crowne
Find and watch the movie Larry Crowne. Write a reflective essay on the following questions.
1. Larry experiences life-changing events when he loses his job. What are 2 general/basic lessons learned regarding career management and strategy? (one paragraph)
2. Make 2 connections between the movie and the content of our course, Principles of Marketing. (one paragraph, be specific)
3. Your situation as a college student is very different from Larry’s situation as a middle-aged worker with 20+ years of experience. Even so, what is your takeaway
from the movie regarding how you can better prepare yourself for success as a business professional? Explain your answer in detail in about 1 page.
Write an analytical essay based on the results of your investigation into methods used by marine industries to prevent, accelerate and restore corrosion by
collecting, collating, and analysing data. You will also need to compare environmental conditions e.g. shallow and deep waters, tropical and arctic waters.
your findings as an informative text that could be published in a scientific journal. Your findings may be supported by appropriate tables of data, diagrams and flow
• Metal eg. Iron
• How does it relate to ships?
• Types of corrosion
• Salt vs fresh
• Galvanicing- electroplating
• Physical barriers
• Depends on metal
Application: Conceptual Frameworks
Application: Conceptual Frameworks
To understand leadership within human services organizations, it is first important to recognize four frameworks that work within human services organizations. The
frameworks are structural, human resource, political, and symbolic. The structural framework promotes efficient operations and goal-oriented administration. A leader
under this framework may emphasize structure, strategy, and results. The human resource framework promotes human aspects, both individual and group, within an
organization. A leader under this framework supports and empowers staff. The political framework emphasizes conflict and differences among organizational members. A
leader under this framework attempts to build coalitions and negotiate compromise. Finally, the symbolic framework relates to organizational culture and mission.
Leaders under this framework are inspirational and visionary. When organizational issues arise, one or more of these four frameworks may come into play. Leadership
styles also correspond to a given framework.
For this Application Assignment review the Introduction to “Human Services Administration” video script that is attached. Take note of and select one issue faced
by the human services administrator. Consider the cause of the issue you select. Think about which framework relates to it and the leadership style that corresponds to
it. Be specific in attributing the issue you observe to the framework and the leadership style that is at work.
The assignment (2 1/2 pages):
* Identify and briefly describe the issue you selected from the video script.
* Explain which conceptual framework(s) applies to the major issue you selected.
* Explain one leadership style that corresponds to the framework(s).
* Share an insight about how conceptual frameworks account for leadership style in human services organizations.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources,
including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
customer satisfaction and customer loyalty
Analyze the distinction between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Also evaluate the significance of organizational branding and other aspects of marketing In
healthcare.Explain how they relate to customer loyalty.
Consider the following statement: ? Although it is obvious that dissatisfied customers will certainly switch, it has been found that even satisfied customers will
switch providers or suppliers. Satisfaction in and of itself is not sufficient?( Essential of healthcare marketing Berkowitz, 2011, p. 236). With this in mind,
about the following questions: Why are customer satisfaction surveys important for health care organizations?
What is the difference between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty?
How would you assess customer loyalty?
Why would this distinction be important for a health care organization as it considers its financial investments in marketing strategies? What implications does this
have in terms of attracting new customers versus retaining customers?
What is the purpose of organizational branding? Analyze the distinction between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Also evaluate the significance of
organizational branding and other aspects of marketing described in this week’s Learning Resources. Explain how they relate to customer loyalty.
The Shifting Grounds of Materiality?
1. Read Holding on to 9/11: The Shifting Grounds of Materiality? by Laura E. Tanner.
2. Determine the interrelationship among claim, support and warrants. Do they work well together? Point out any inconsistencies.
3. Write an essay of analysis (4pages) discussing the reading as argument. Include specific examples from the essay to support your discussion. Employ a balance of
summary, paraphrase and quotation examples from the essay and use good narrative crediting format as you write the analysis. Carefully consider the diction that the
author uses. Is that diction well-chosen?
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of the argument. Please do not make the judgment on the basis of whether you happen to agree with the author?s viewpoint. Instead, try to
decide whether the author makes the case in a logical, supported, credible manner.
5. Pay special attention to the author?s use of MLA citation, notes and works cited. How has she employed her sources in her argument? Note places in the argument
where she has enhanced her case with the use of credible citation.
6. Please use the standard one-inch margins, 12 point, Times New Roman type, and double-spacing that general format requires. Do NOT use an even (justified) right
margin. Leave it as a ragged one-inch. Do include a title page (with a title!) for the essay.
common models of how society determines which acts are criminal
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that includes the following:
• Define crime, its relationship to the law, and the two most
common models of how society determines which acts are criminal.
• Describe the government structure as it applies to the criminal justice system.
• Identify choice theories and their assumptions in regards to crime.
• Describe the components of the criminal justice system and the criminal justice process.
• Identify the goals of the criminal justice system.
• Address your thoughts on whether the criminal justice system is really a system.
week4 dropbox .
Assignment 2: Dropbox Assignment
The cause-and-effect diagram is important in determining causes and effects of a problem. The cause-and-effect diagram is also known as the Ishikawa diagram, or the
fishbone diagram. Creating the diagram requires knowledge of causes for a problem and the effect of the problem. This is also a good brainstorming tool.
Read the following scenario and respond the questions that follow in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
A large farm produces a number of vegetables for sale to the highest bidder (usually buyers who aggregate the produce from lots of small farms and sell the produce to
grocery store chains). The farm is receiving complaints about the quality of its produce. More specifically, complaints are being received about the produce being
damaged or bruised, becoming inedible too quickly, or not being consistent with the package label (in terms of how much produce is in each box or container).
Identify potential quality concerns in the traditional areas of machinery, employees, measurements, and materials.
Organize these quality concerns using a cause-and-effect diagram.
Recommend potential changes to these traditional areas to attempt to reduce or eliminate the quality problems that are leading to the complaints.
Note: Click here to download a template of a cause-and-effect diagram.
Support your responses with examples.
Module Learning Outcomes to be Assessed:-
1. Introduce students to issues and perspectives in diversity and develop a critical understanding that diversity is not a problem to be managed away, but
rather an opportunity to develop greater personal and organisational effectiveness.
2. Increase self-awareness in terms of personal perspectives about diversity issues
3. Better understand the “business case” for managing diversity – why managers should care about and devote resources to cultivating and managing diversity in
4. Enhance skills for identifying and analysing diversity-related dilemmas in the workplace
5. Develop an increased sense of one’s own discretionary power as a person and as a manager to deal effectively and constructively with the opportunities and
challenges of diversity to gain strategic/competitive advantage
school or college improvement.
This paper requires the student to develop a critical and reflective thinking that facilitates institutional problem-solving and school or college improvement:
Write an essay that features an introduction, body and conclusion.
Question: How can a leader use andragogy to improve institutional performance?