The Health care system in the U.S. and in the world is complex. As a health care administrative professional, you need to understand the full gamut of factors that impact this industry. Prior to beginning your assignment, go to the YouTube Website to view the video titled “Pharmaceutical Industry in Transition: Dramatic Changes Ahead, How Will You Adapt?” (2 min 32 s) located at http://youtu.be/4-7It6JQKA.
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- From the video, assess how regulations in the U.S. impact the claims and facts presented in this video. Hypothesize where you think the biggest opportunity will be for pharmaceutical companies.
- Compare drug pricing practice in the U.S. to those of another country of your choice. Discuss your thoughts on these differences and similarities and the implications.
- Research the career trends in health care related industries and make a prediction regarding which career will prove to be the most economically rewarding. Provide discussion regarding your position.
- Experts suggest that pressures placed upon medical professionals, specifically, doctors, are resulting in a decline in interest in this profession. Discuss your position on this argument and propose a remedy to this problem that is logical and reasonable.
- Provide a discussion regarding the role of health policies. Speculate how such policies will impact organizations over the next decade.
- Reflect upon the work that you completed in this assignment and summarize what significant developments occurred for you.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.