To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapter 5 of your textbook (Feenstra, 2013). In addition, read Judgment under Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.January 23, 2018 / Leave a comment
To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapter 5 of your (Feenstra, 2013). In addition, read (Tversky and Kahneman, 1974). Finally, review Instructor Guidance and Announcements. In this discussion, you will consider judgment and decision making. Be sure to use your own and apply appropriately throughout your post. Locate an additional peer-reviewed source to support your ideas.
- Outline one of the following options:
- Identify an example (not from the textbook) to illustrate one of the following heuristics: availability heuristic and representativeness heuristic, or affect heuristic. Examine the use of heuristics. How are our judgments, including attitudes and behaviors, influenced by social and cognitive factors?
- Identify an example (not from the textbook) to illustrate one of the following errors in judgment: belief perseverance, confirmation bias, or illusion of control. Examine errors in judgment. How are our judgments, including attitudes and behaviors, influenced by social and cognitive factors?
Post your initial response of 250 words or more by Day 3 (Thursday).
Assume that you are the hospital administrator of a 150-bed hospital located in a small town. Your best friend Betty works for the local newspaper in town.January 23, 2018 / Leave a comment
Assume that you are the hospital administrator of a 150-bed hospital located in a small town. Your best friend Betty works for the local newspaper in town. One day Betty calls you and informs you about a rumor that one of the ER nurses in your hospital may have contracted HIV. The chief editor of the newspaper asks Betty to gather more information on this incident. In your discussion response, address the following questions:
- What are the risk factors (e.g. legal, ethical, financial, etc.) you foresee in this scenario?
- What are the problem solving processes you will embark on?
- Who are the stakeholders involved in the problem solving processes?
- What are the impacts on stakeholders involved in the problem solving processes?
- How will you communicate with various stakeholders (e.g. employees, physicians, the board, and the public) about your findings and decisions?
Your initial post should be at least 300 words. Support your response with a minimum of two scholarly sources.
Guided Response: Review your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two posts substantively in a minimum of 100 words by Day 7. In your responses provide feedback to your classmates regarding their plan to communicate with various stakeholders.
What factors should be taken into account in decisions about salary equity? For example, should a teacher and a truck driver be paid the same, or should a computer programmer make more money than a teacher? What factors would you consider in making such decisions?January 23, 2018 / Leave a comment
What factors should be taken into account in decisions about salary equity? For example, should a teacher and a truck driver be paid the same, or should a computer programmer make more money than a teacher? What factors would you consider in making such decisions?
What one or two job analysis approaches would you recommend on the basis of relevance or providing the best quality information for creating a job description? For efficiency/safety? For training? Why do you think your chosen approaches are best?
Is there a relationship between compensation and higher levels of employee performance? Please explain “yes” or “no” providing 3 reasons to support your position.
How does organizational market position influence compensation philosophy?
According to Beer et al (1984), human resources management (HRM) has developed as a way to serve workers’ interests, albeit internally within the workplace.January 23, 2018 / Leave a comment
In preparation for this assignment, review the following resources:
According to Beer et al (1984), human resources management (HRM) has developed as a way to serve workers’ interests, albeit internally within the workplace. This challenges the role of worker advocacy. Historically, workers’ interests have been served by external representatives from labor unions, and have also been protected through government interventions such as laws and regulations. The purpose of this assignment is to understand the roles of unions and the role of HRM, and examine whether workers have adequate support and protections in the modern workplace. After reading the text chapters for Week One and Week Two and reviewing the resources provided:
- Explain how unions, human resources management personnel, and government interventions (such as laws and regulations) serve to address worker rights and worker safety.
- Evaluate whether unions and HRM have unique roles for different groups (i.e., the organization, management, and the workers) or if there are areas of overlap.
- Assess the following statement, “Workers in the modern workplaces of America are well protected and well supported.” Explain whether you agree or disagree with this statement, based on what you now know about government interventions, unions, HRM, and worker advocacy. Be sure to support your agreement or disagreement with statements of reasoning from your analysis.
The paper must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least three scholarly sources (which can be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course. In particular, it would be helpful for you to review the , the , and the to ensure you have all of the required components for this assignment.
Assume you have been given the ability to travel back in time, and you are about to set off on a trip to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.January 23, 2018 / Leave a comment
Assume you have been given the ability to travel back in time, and you are about to set off on a trip to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The purpose of your trip is to visit artists in their studios and view firsthand the creation of some of their paintings and sculpture.
In your time travels, you will collect information on five different styles of nineteenth- and twentieth-century art, as represented by one artist from each style. Before you set out, decide which specific styles you would like to explore.
Select one style from each of the five categories listed below:
- Late Nineteenth Century: Impressionism or Post Impressionism
- Early Twentieth Century: Fauvism, Expressionism, or Futurism
- Cubism: Analytic or Synthetic
- Post-World War I Art: Dada or Surrealism
- Post-World War II Art: Abstract Expressionism, Minimalism, or Pop Art
For each of your five selected styles, identify one artist who represents that style whose studio you will explore in your time travels. In your visits to each artist’s studio, plan to identify one work of art that best exemplifies the artist’s style.
When you return from your time travels, prepare a report that includes the following information for each of your five representative works of art:
- A photograph of the object
- Identifying information:
- Name of the artist
- Title of the work
- Date of the work
- Medium/materials used to create the work
- Identify the style of the work of art. Then, write a paragraph of 4-6 sentences that:
- Describes the visual characteristics that makes the object representative of its style
- Places the work within its social and historical context and explains why it is culturally significant
Finally, in a well-developed paragraph of 6-8 sentences, summarize what you have learned from your “time travels,” highlighting key similarities and distinctions between the artists you visited and their representative works of art.
Your report should conclude with an explanation about which style you find most interesting and why.
Offer a citation of your sources for each image and the information provided as appropriate.
PLEASE DO NOT PLAGIARIZE and do not accept assignment if you can’t meet the deadline. It’s due tonight at 11:59pm.
Write a 500-word paper using APA Format.
Explain the “Social Identity Theory”. (Refer to your textbook chap 4).
Group Dynamics and Team Interventions: Understanding and Improving Team Performance Author: Timothy M. Franz. Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell, (2012)
A large chain of beauty salons hire you as a consultant. The organization’s management team faces a unique problem. About 1 percent of the employees have speech, hearing, visual, physical, or mental disabilities.January 4, 2018 / Leave a comment
A large chain of beauty salons hire you as a consultant. The organization’s management team faces a unique problem. About 1 percent of the employees have speech, hearing, visual, physical, or mental disabilities.
The management believes that it may not be addressing the special needs of the diverse employees because the organization lacks a diversity policy for employees with special needs. The management is also concerned that they may lose these employees to their competitors, who may have diversity policies for their workforces.
For the management prepare a one page diversity policy for employees with special needs. Include the following sections in your policy:
- Diversity Needs To Be Addressed — This section should list the diversity needs that the policy aims to address and your rationale for the policy.
- Retaining Diverse Employees — This section should focus on your recommendations on how the management can attract and retain diverse employees.
- Preliminary Implementation Plan — This section should include your preliminary plan on how the management should implement the policy.
Explain the differences between Liberalism and Conservatism. Does ideology really make a difference in the United States today?January 4, 2018 / Leave a comment
Explain the differences between Liberalism and Conservatism. Does ideology really make a difference in the United States today? Support your reasoning with examples. How does this impact American culture, government and politics in your opinion? You will be expected to support your discussion with primary texts and from pre-approved secondary sources (including, but not limited to, the course text, online lectures, and a list of suggested online resources). Your paper should be 6 pages in length and include proper APA citation. You should utilize information provided from each week of the course thus far to complete your essay.
It is due on January 10 by midnight.
Also, nclosed below is an attachment of the grading
For the final assignment of this course, you will write a research paper on change in a human resource development (HRD) organization that you work for, or would like to work for.January 4, 2018 / Leave a comment
Unit VIII Research Paper
For the final assignment of this course, you will write a research paper on change in a human resource development (HRD) organization that you work for, or would like to work for.
Within your research paper, explain how the following tasks can be accomplished at your chosen organization using competency or case
based decision making training methods:
1. improve productivity (efficiency and effectiveness),
2. improve employee satisfaction with the quality of their work life,
3. improve the ability of the organization to revitalize and develop itself over time,
4. improve organizational processes and outputs, and
5. measure if your improvement efforts are successful.
In your explanation, do not simply state your opinion. Include researched evidence to show why your strategies and approaches will be effective.
Your research paper must be at least three pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least two outside sources; one must be from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the required
readings, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines.
“Cultural Influences.” Please respond to the following: You are meeting with an international client in the Middle East and want to make sure you have addressed any cultural issues that might impact the success of your meetingJanuary 4, 2018 / Leave a comment
“Cultural Influences.” Please respond to the following: You are meeting with an international client in the Middle East and want to make sure you have addressed any cultural issues that might impact the success of your meeting. •Numerous theorists discuss cultural concepts. Using this information as a basis, discuss the concepts you would want to analyze and evaluate in order to prepare you and other company executives for the upcoming meeting. •Determine which of the concepts you discussed would be the hardest to analyze. Explain your reasoning. •Describe a worst case scenario involving the muddling of culture concepts. Determine the steps you (or your company) can take to ensure something similar never happens to you.