Click here to order similar paper @Essaybay.net. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.
RUA: Ethical Dilemma Assignment Guidelines
Scenario: A 15‐year‐old with end stage cancer refusing chemotherapy
1. Description of the dilemma
• Performs preliminary research on the assigned ethical dilemma and describes the dilemma. Clearly identifies both positions grounded in scholarly literature. Included statistical significance to Pediatric nursing.
2. Ethical Principles and ANA Code of Ethics Provisions (2)
• Determines the ethical principles that apply to each position, possible conflicts in principles, and components of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply using three (3) Provisions. Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
3. Resources to resolve the dilemma
• Describes resources to resolve the dilemma and describes how each resource could help to resolve the dilemma. Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
4. Possible outcomes and plan for resolving the issue
• Discusses possible outcomes of both positions. Presents a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse). Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
Team Presentation -50 points/50%
•Description of the dilemma is clear and includes statistical significance to Pediatric nursing.
•Both positions of the dilemma are presented crediting supporting scholarly sources.
•Appropriate ethical principle(s) to support each position are used.
•Consideration of which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
•Three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma are used.
•Present all pertinent resources available to resolve the dilemma.
•Explain how resources could help in resolving the dilemma.
•Discuss possible outcomes of each position
•Present a plan for resolving the issue. Team PowerPoint Presentation – 15 points/15%
.•Citations included for each section
PowerPoint includes sections for:
o Dilemma description Statistical significance
o Ethical principles
o Applicable ANA Code of Ethics Provisions
o Resources to resolve dilemma
o Potential outcomes of the dilemma
o Plan for resolving the dilemma
o Key Points
Speaker Notes – 20 points/20%
•At least one nursing resource
APA citations throughout.
•At least two (2) nursing, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook used to support work.