Term Paper Guidelines.-College Undergraduate Level
Table of contents with page numbers
Abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
Introduction (2-3 pages) What is your topic on? Why is it important? What is its relevance? What is its impact on quality of manufacturing process? What is its future?
Body of Term Paper: Divide in to logical sections and subsections. For example: Background Current research in this area: Case studies, applications, examples, etc. Challenges, difficulties, opportunities, etc.
Conclusions: Suggestions for future studies; give your own thoughts.
References, numbered and with Last name first. Need journal references. Limit or simply avoid Internet or commercial magazine, newspaper biased references.
Report Length: About 10-15 pages, typed, double-spaced including everything.
All figures and tables must have references in parenthesis, following the captions. Choose appropriate number of figures and tables. Do not overdo it. (four to six each as average)
Consider Anthropology and You:
Anthropology is a diverse field of study. It is found in nearly all fields of inquiry and business. Do some research to find out how it may affect you. Talk to people…do some reading…surf the web…complete some research and find responses to the numbered items below. Upload your results.
1. List the five subfields of anthropology:
2. How many other types of anthropology do there seem to be? (list a few that interest you)
3. How does anthropology get used in different settings like business, education, economics, and medicine?
4. State your major (or area of interest) and explain how anthropology might be employed.
5. Describe the value of an anthropology degree or a minor in anthropology to your area of interest.
Throughout the quarter we have examined various factors contributing to the manufacture of news. Your assignment is to synthesize a way of becoming an informed, knowledgeable, and savvy observer of world affairs.
1) Explain how you would select and interpret sources. Explain the product of media, and examine the relationship of news to power.
2) Explain how you would analyze news and statements within the news to detect propaganda, misinformation and disinformation. Explain how even such distortions might still be useful.
3) Explain how your own bias may color your understanding of the news.
4) Explore how other forms of knowledge, such as blogs and social media might be useful to improving your understanding.
You are to use at least the following readings as well as relevant lectures and discussions in class:
Studying the Media (Chomsky)
Public Relations and Astroturf (Beder)
Journalism and Class Struggle (McChesney)
Thussu Chapter 1 Historical Context (Thussu)
- Identify three primary types of energy that powers your home as well as all of the homes in your community. You may find this information on your community Web site or the Web sites of the local power companies. For example, your community may use electricity and solar panels.
- Explain how the sources of energy you identified impact the environment. Consider the following:
- Does the use of these types of energy resource have a negative impact on the environment in your area?
- Does your community have nuclear waste to dispose of?
- Has your community always used these three power sources? If so, how do you feel this has impacted the environment over time?
- How much of an impact have these sources of energy had on local air and water quality?
- Considering the current source(s) of power available, determine how much energy your house uses each month. You can find this information on your monthly energy bill.
(monthly energy usage) × (12 months per year) = (household energy usage per year);
(yearly energy estimate for your house) × (estimated number of houses in your community) = (estimated yearly energy use for your community)
52.8 kilowatt hours (kwh) per month × 12 months = 633.6 kwh;
633.6 kwh × 200 houses in your community = 126,720 kwh
- Recommend a realistic, renewable resource to power your community, using your calculated power needs. Consider the following sources: hydropower, solar power, wind turbines, and geothermal energy.
- Which source would be the best for your community?
- Justify your choice based on the kind of resources that are available, how much power these alternative sources can produce, and your estimated energy demands for the community.
- Having recommended an alternative power source, conclude by addressing the following:
- How realistic is this alternative power source for your community?
- How will people in your community respond to energy conversion? Will they support it or be against it? Give reasons.
- How expensive would it be to convert to the alternative power source you recommended? How would this new source impact the environment?
- What organisms would benefit most from this conversion?
The Influence on Decision Making Between Individualist and Collectivist Socities
Attached is this students proposal. He is non-native English speaker, writing a thesis in English for a Chinese university. Specifications were not given, and the guidelines are very relaxed. His thesis is almost a year late already, but he would like to submit one this month and finally appeal for graduation. Must be done in less than 3 weeks, 30 pages or more is preferable. I imagine there should be at least 5 articles to choose from. All the other information is given in his proposal. If it is unclear from the proposal, feel free to use your own ideas for the thesis. He is very flexible.
Identify two firms founded since 1980 in two separate countries. Using course material, compare and contrast the funding sources !!!!!!(including public sources of capital if appropriate) used by these firms and discuss the way these firms used different funding sources to grow.
Your report should reflect your understanding of the topics covered in the course and your ability to critically analyse and apply appropriate strategic concepts. You should also demonstrate your research skills and ability to derive analysis from a range of quality sources. Full in-text citations, Harvard style, are required.
Explain your purpose for graduate study, including your current degree goals and reasons for selecting a particular field of studyAugust 7, 2014
Explain your purpose for graduate study, including your current degree goals and reasons for selecting a particular field of study
Submit a 400-500 word essay. The text box accommodates one-and-a-half pages of single-spaced text, so please be mindful of the space remaining in the character counter. The essay cannot exceed the 500 words.
I am a Sport Management graduate looking to get into graduate school. I have hopes of working in school athletics and maybe one day a major league sport.
This week’s module content reminds us that change can be both difficult and, usually, inevitable. What obstacles make change difficult? How can a good change manager remove or alleviate those obstacles? Please provide an anecdote from your own experience to illustrate your points.
For this assignment, you have to take on the role of a human services administrator charged by the Department of Health in Virginia with the responsibility of communicating to various constituencies about the recent outbreak of a communicable disease within a specific community. You will now need to write three communication messages appropriate to the following groups—youths, parents, and medical staff—one communication message per group.
Part A: Analysis Plan
•Explain what media and forms of communication (at least one of which will be verbal) you would employ to communicate with each group—youths, parents, and medical staff—that will be most effective with these audiences.
•Identify two to three conflicts that could potentially arise with any one of the constituents and the strategies you would employ to resolve the conflicts.
•Prioritize and explain the most pertinent aspects of the message to be conveyed to each group.
Part B: Communication Memos
•Compose in detail three different communication messages that appropriately match each group of recipients—youths, parents, and medical staff—regarding the recent outbreak of the communicable disease. One of the messages should be a script for a verbal communication. Consider the following aspects when composing your messages—the recipient, the context, the content, and delivery variables.
Part C: Application of Theory
•Explain which communication theories you applied to the situation that influenced your approach to handling this problem.
The paper should rely upon at least four sources from professional literature—articles from peer-reviewed journals and relevant textbooks. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Discussion: Social Justice and Social Change
In many of the Assignments in the course, you employed ethical decision making in order to recommend solutions to ethical issues within government and nonprofit organizations. As a current or future public administrator in a government or nonprofit organization, you must act responsibly and ethically to ensure positive social change. One way to promote the ethical conduct of your organization is to utilize ethical decision making effectively. However, decision making often has consequences for different groups.. For example, a decision that positively affects a domestic population might negatively impact a foreign population.
In this Discussion, you consider the impact of ethical decision making on positive social change.
Write a 1 1/2 pages explanation of the impact of ethical decision making on positive social change. Summarize specific examples of the ethical decisions you proposed throughout the course and explain how they might promote positive social change. Finally, explain any negative impacts in terms of social change that this decision making might have.
Support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.